Kitchen Helper Job in Canada
We are looking to hire a hard-working Kitchen Helper to clean, stock, and maintain the kitchen as well as help with the preparation of meal ingredients. The Kitchen Helper’s responsibilities include retrieving ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom, measuring ingredients as per the Cook’s instructions, and removing leftovers from patrons’ plates, bowls, and glasses. You should also be able to ensure that all work areas are properly sanitized.
To be successful as a Kitchen Helper, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of proper food handling procedures and remove expired or spoiled ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom. Ultimately, an outstanding Kitchen Helper should be able to follow all food health and safety regulations and display exceptional organizational skills to ensure the timely completion of kitchen duties.
Location: Calgary, AB
Salary: $15 an hour
Qualification: No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience: No experience
Dish washing Skills : Kitchen Helper Job in Canada
- Scour pots and pans
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units
- Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware
- Place dishes in storage area
Kitchen Helper Responsibilities: Want Different Jobs Here
- Preparing meal ingredients for the Cook, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing ingredients.
- Assisting kitchen staff to unload food supplies from delivery trucks.
- Properly washing and drying all dishes, utensils, cooking instruments and cutting boards.
- Neatly putting away all utensils, cooking instruments, dishes, and cutting boards in their respective places.
- Packing take-out orders as needed.
- Removing garbage, replacing garbage bags, and washing garbage cans.
- Mopping and sweeping the kitchen areas as required.
- Storing ingredients and food items according to food safety standards.
- Ensuring the availability of clean dishes by bussing tables, washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware, and resetting dining areas.
- Preparing dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations.
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
- Unloading and storing deliveries.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
- Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans.
- Supporting other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
Links for Ejobslist the Genuine Jobs Provider Website.
Production Workers Hiring in New Zealand Apply & Know More
Packing Staff in New Zealand Apply & Know More
Farm Workers Demand in Canada Apply & Know More
Crew Members Demand in New Zealand Apply & Know More
Hotel Staff Demand in Canada Apply & Know More
Kitchen Helper Responsibilities:
- Proven experience helping in kitchen settings.
- A food handler’s license.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to safely use kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Sound knowledge of food safety standards and procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Public transportation is available
Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Team player
Kitchen Helpers Skills
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
- Sharpen kitchen knives
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Handle and store cleaning products
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
You can apply directly from company’s website from Here: Click Company Website