General Staff Demand in Canada
Welcome to our website. this is an online job information portal where you can find numbers of recruitment information from all around the world from different sources. You can get suitable job information as per your qualification and working knowledge. All the recruitment information that you get in this website is free of cost which means you don’t have to pay at all. only thing you need to do is click on the apply link or tab then submit your working document for further process.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Description: General Staff Demand in Canada
Reporting to the plant manager, the Plant Operator contributes to physically execute the safe and efficient operation of a stand-alone grain or crop inputs facility, or combined grain and crop inputs facility on a daily basis to ensure that Cargill standards, productivity metrics, and customer needs are met.
Focus on Plant operation and Risk Management
- Engaged with a team to operate the Plant equipment on a daily basis.
- Follows Operational Policies and procedures to operate plant equipment safely and efficiently to minimize or prevent injuries, property loss, and environmental damage
- Ensures Plant and yard are clean and safe for customers and employees
- Performs minor mechanical maintenance and may assist contractors on-site to perform repairs.
- Consistently meets all rail and truck loading requirements
- Works in the pesticide and seed warehouses (if applicable) to ensure that customers receive the products and services they require in an efficient and timely manner. Assists in operating safe and efficient crop inputs warehousing
- Assists the Plant Management in managing the location grain and crop inputs inventory by following existing controls to minimize inventory losses
Focus on Talent Management
- Successfully engaged to participate in training sessions for State/Provincial/Federal regulatory and Cargill compliance programs
- Participates in training to acquire and maintain knowledge on operating Plant equipment safely and effectively
- Participates in regular plant inspections and monthly safety meetings to review procedures, housekeeping, and safety awareness issues
- Remains trained in and certified to handle dangerous goods as per the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and has additional safety training, e.g. WHMIS, confined space, forklift, etc. (only for Canadian locations)
This seasonal position is located in Canwood, SK; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 number in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, shoveling and pounding with hammer
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Must be able to read/write English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
More Jobs Here :
- Able to perform physical job duties including open/close valves and work in confined spaces
- Able to work in elevated areas
- Able to operate heavy equipment
- Forklift certified
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in production related work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work safely and efficiently
- Ability to learn and manage compliance with Environment, Health & Safety and Operations standards and regulations
- Ability to learn the various grain products, seed, chemical and fertilizer products to ensure that correct products are provided to customers
- Ability to be trained and certified to work in hazardous areas and products
- Plant operator must become familiar with ISO/HACCP procedures and protocols
- Strong customer service orientation
- Knowledge of inventory control, quality management, operating efficiency and budget management
- Specialized knowledge of grain and crop input products and grain handling
- Mechanical aptitude
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Primary Location: Canada-Saskatchewan- Can wood
You can apply directly from website here: https://cargill.taleo.net/careersection/10380/jobdetail.ftl?job=CAN00658&tz=GMT-06:00&tzname=America/Chicago&src=JB-11960