Gardening Job in New Zealand
We are looking for a Gardener to install and maintain the flowers, trees and green spaces on the property.
Gardener responsibilities include monitoring the health of all plants and greenspaces, watering and feeding plants, trimming trees and shrubs, fertilizing and mowing lawns, weeding gardens and keeping green spaces and walkways clear of debris and litter. You should know how to use and maintain landscaping equipment, including mowers, trimmers and fertilizers, while following health and safety regulations.
Ultimately, you will make sure our gardens and green spaces are always healthy and beautiful.
Location: Matauri Bay, New Zealand
Position title: Gardener / General Hand
Reports to: Property Manager
Our client is looking for a practical hand on person with excellent organization and communication skills. You will be able to follow instructions well, use your own initiative, work unsupervised most of the time and also be able to work in a team environment. Have a passion for the outdoors, working on a 315ha Northland coastal property with 2ha of gardens and where the owners value their privacy.
Duties include but not limited to: Gardening Job in New Zealand
- Maintenance and development of an Exotic garden
- Property, garden, house and lawn maintenance
- Planting native trees, tending to trees and shrubs
- Weed control and spraying (especially around lawn edges)
- Pruning, clearing fallen trees and mulching
- General cleaning of tools and machinery maintenance
- Keeping the property in a park like condition at all times
- Weed control and general maintenance on the greater farm
- Install and maintain seasonal plants
- Mow, trim and fertilize green spaces
- Mulch, edge and weed gardens
- Prune and trim trees and bushes
- Maintain all gardening equipment and machinery, like mowers, trimmers and leaf blowers
- Monitor and maintain the health of plants
- Deal with pest problems that could damage plants
- Keep gardens and green spaces clear of debris and litter
- Maintaining lawns and other green spaces
- Installing landscapes and seasonal flower designs
- Monitoring and ensuring plant health
More Job Description
Links for Ejobslist the Genuine Jobs Provider Website.
Production Workers Hiring in New Zealand Apply & Know More
Packing Staff in New Zealand Apply & Know More
Farm Workers Demand in Canada Apply & Know More
Crew Members Demand in New Zealand Apply & Know More
Hotel Staff Demand in Canada Apply & Know More
Successful applicants need to:
- Be physically fit and have plenty of energy, enthusiasm, loyalty and commitment
- Have a background in gardening, farming, horticulture, or conservation
- Be experienced with operating quad bikes, tractors and another farm equipment
- Able to work on steep terrain when required
- Have a ‘tidy eye’ and work with a high level of attention to detail
- Have a high standard of health & safety
- Have a good knowledge of ornamental and exotic plants
- General knowledge of native plants and fruit trees
- Have initiative and common sense
- Be a good team worker and be able to work unsupervised
- Be able to use a chainsaw safely and preferably have a ticket
- Experience as a Gardener
- Familiarity with landscaping design
- Extensive knowledge of regional plant life
- Knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them
- Knowledge of synthetic and natural fertilizers
- Knowledge of state health and safety regulations for landscaping
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- The ability to remain on your feet for long periods of time
- A love of the outdoors and plant life
Kindly visit company’s website from here  or visit our website for more details.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience. This role is approximately 45 hours per week. Days are Monday to Friday with some flexibility to work weekends and over Christmas (excluding STATs) by arrangement. Start date is as soon as possible.